Ever thought of owning a dog in a wheel chair? Bella, a Dachshund has IVDD after she was used for breeding and then uncared for. On today's episode host Raquel Cid chats with Sarah Teagle who foster failed with Bella. She shares about her life with a special needs dog, 5 other dogs and her family!
- Bella's Story
- Life with a dog who has IVDD
- How does your everyday look like in caring for Bella
- How to decide if adopting a pet with special needs is for you
- 3 things people may not know about IVDD
- 3 tips to ensure a dog with IVDD is happy
- 2:14 | I started Bella Rescues because..
- 3:58 | Dachshund Rescue Foundation
- 4:33 | Falling in love through photo
- 5:07| Laying through the night to see what happens
- 5:40| Emergency Foster Needed
- 6:52| Fostering Failing the first day
- 7:07| Left with bladder infection for 4-6 weeks
- 7:53| Bladder almost bursting
- 8:29| Used for breeding and then uncared for
- 9:07| What is IVDD
- 14:00 | Hand Expressing Urine
- 22:10 | Trying Wheels for the first time, pure joy
- 23:21 | Best Dog Wheels Brand
- 24:59 | Prognosis with IVDD
- 26:00 | Barking like a Seal
- 27:00 | Dedicated to Dachshund
- 26:00| A way to get involved with animals in your community
- 30:00| Life with 6 Dogs
- 35:00| If Bella could speak our language
- 36:00 | Very Important if your dog has been diagnosed with IVDD
- 38:32 | How to make a decision when at the doctors think BRAIN
- 41:32 | Enjoying the show? Leave a review por favor
Bella's IG | @bellatrix_on_wheels
Paws and Perros Instagram | @pawsandperros
Eddie's Wheels : here
Host: Raquel Cid a Latinx Career Coach and Animal Foster on a mission to inspire animal lovers to take action.
Are you enjoying the Podcast? Share this episode with a friend. It would mean the world to me if you could leave us a review : https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/paws-and-perros/id1596399493
Thank you for the gift of your time.
Sending you much love and light!